Tiny Notes

Tiny Notes
from Jilly Jesson Smyth

Total Pageviews: Press Like and Follow!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Dream

Hello and Happy Father's Day,

On this very special day of honor, to the man whose seed gave me life, I would like to share a poem that reflects how I feel about about the fact that his soul was released to the heavens. I miss his smile, but it left his face long before he was gone. He wanted to leave and was ready. 

"Don't stand by my grave and weep,
For I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond's glint on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
In the soft hush of the morning light
I am the swift bird in flight.
Don't stand by my grave and cry,
I am not there,
I did not die.
- unknown Native American Author

He is with me always with a twinkle in his eye,
And he guides me at every moment.

Break open your heart to your soul and you will find greatness,
Love, Jilly