Tiny Notes

Tiny Notes
from Jilly Jesson Smyth

Total Pageviews: Press Like and Follow!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Enough

Conspiracy of Silence

This has been a long time coming, women supporting each other in speaking up in regards to unethical behavior from powerful men.

Yes I believe you. Me too.




In an exclusive interview with Diane Sawyer, Judd said she confronted
Harvey Weinstein in 1999 after he allegedly sexually harassed her.
Weinstein denies all allegations.


I thought I was over all the poor behavior men have shown in the workplace since day one of my many experiences in the career arena but I was not. Did I want to address this concern in my writing and art? I told myself I do. It is about damn time.
"We are doing this for her..."
 - Ashley Judd

When I was a young girl I never had a problem speaking up when I saw an injustice, I always had an inner strength beyond my age, an understanding of not putting up with poor behavior from anyone, either from an adult or another child. This has served me well in the long run but made people angry if I did not play along, especially someone older or who had more power.

I believe the culture of silence is real. At every single turn there is a man, sometimes a woman, who is testing you, to see if you will give up your integrity for a dollar. It begins at the first job as you work your way through school. It begins when you speak up about unacceptable behavior and no one believes you. As a young women you learn that no one listens and it is best to move on and handle the BS with humor or quit and move on, no one cares so get tough.

Timing is everything. If you speak up to soon, you could lose a career path. Oprah did not speak up early in her career either. Women and men have had to keep their mouths shut to survive, this has now changed with strength in numbers and the momentum of the internet.


I Stand with Girls and Women Everywhere
I Believe You.
There are no more secrets.
Women are at the tipping point.
You have a voice, we have a voice together.
It is about time. Every woman has a story.


Emma Thompson: Harvey Weinstein 

'top of harassment ladder' - BBC Newsnight


Who believed Anita Hill? I did.
Say yes to your integrity and be heard and listen to those who speak up.

"The dam has burst in a big way."

- Tom Hanks

When You Experience Sexual Harassment at Work know that there is strength in numbers. There is a real gaslight behavior that happens with bully behavior so believe your gut and intuition first. 


Do your research, take notes and be patient as you decide what to do. You are not crazy: 

1) Weinstein allegedly hired intelligence agency to target accusers | ABC News

3) We have failed you


“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.”